Florida E-Commerce & Online Selling Platform Lawyer
A solid e-commerce strategy is more important than ever as Florida businesses expand into selling goods via internet marketplaces and offering their services online. It is possible to reach a massive audience via the web, with your presence being available to a far more extensive group of prospective customers than a brick-and-mortar business. However, with this potential for success comes a great deal of legal responsibility. Not only is your reach infinitely expanded, but the body of laws that applies to your online activities has increased as well.
You can rely on our attorneys at MAVEN IP for advice and counsel with the volume of laws and legal concepts that affect your e-commerce business. Our knowledge base includes intellectual property and internet law, so we represent companies of all sizes and in all industries with their online activities. Please contact our office to schedule a consultation with a Florida e-commerce & online selling platform lawyer today. A summary of the laws and explanation of our legal services may also be helpful.
E-Commerce Laws for Businesses
When you offer and sell products online, your activities trigger a massive number of laws depending upon the type of goods, your market sector, jurisdiction, location within the US, and many other factors. You might better understand the breadth of online selling laws by breaking them into categories, so you should note the following laws that may apply to your operations:
- Tax laws at the federal, state, and local level in the US, as well as international regulations on online selling;
- Regulations on online payment systems for processing transactions, including those covering transaction fees and other costs;
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) security compliance;
- Laws that protect your copyrights, trademarks, patents, and other intellectual property;
- Licenses and permits required to offer certain products;
- Shipping restrictions, such as those that apply to alcohol, ammunition, aerosols, batteries, and other products; and
- Age restrictions on the products you sell AND the content you post as marketing, as certain materials are not to be accessed by minors.
Legal Help with E-Commerce and Online Selling
At MAVEN IP, our team is dedicated to helping you navigate the maze of e-commerce laws so you can sell online with confidence. We assist with all essential tasks, but we also deliver value through our counseling services to businesses. Our Florida e-commerce attorneys can assist with:
- Drafting and reviewing various website documents, including terms and conditions of use, disclaimers, notices, and privacy policies;
- Compliance with advertising regulations established by the Federal Trade Commission and other agencies;
- Co-branding, cross-branding and sponsorship contracts;
- Your social media presence;
- Protecting your online intellectual property; and
- Enforcement actions, dispute resolution, and litigation.
Contact a Florida E-Commerce and Online Selling Platforms Lawyer Today
The laws covering e-commerce and online transactions can be extremely complex, especially if you do not have a legal background. Trust MAVEN IP to tackle the complicated tasks, so you can devote more time to running a successful company. To learn more, please call 305.967.7450 or toll-free at 855.636.2836 to set up a consultation with one of our Florida e-commerce and online selling platforms attorneys.