Florida Trademark Litigation Lawyer
In its most basic sense, trademark infringement, misappropriation, and related misconduct constitute theft. You would not tolerate an entity stealing any other asset from your Florida business, and it is just as important to take prompt legal action regarding unauthorized use of your trademark rights. In the alternative, the situation could be reversed. Your company could be accused of infringement, in which case it is equally critical to defend the allegations. Regardless of which side you occupy in trademark litigation, these cases are extremely complex and require meticulous knowledge in numerous legal areas.
At MAVEN IP trademark and related intellectual property is our firm’s core practice area, so we have amassed substantial knowledge and trial experience as we fight to protect our clients’ interests. Please contact us to schedule a consultation with a Florida trademark litigation lawyer, and read on for a helpful overview of the laws.
How Trademark Disputes Develop into Litigation
The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) handles registration of your brand, logos, and visual content, but it does not enforce your rights. The trademark holder has the responsibility to seek enforcement when another entity engages in misconduct. It may be possible to address misconduct through a settlement agreement, but many disputes turn into trademark litigation based upon:
- Infringement, where a third party’s use of the trademark content creates a likelihood of confusion with the owner;
- Unfair competition, in which an entity uses the holder’s trademark to sell its own goods or services; and
- Trademark dilution, a type of misconduct that blurs or tarnishes the trademark – thereby interfering with its unique characteristics.
Trademark holders have various remedies when seeking legal relief for misappropriation, including monetary damages for your losses, attorneys’ fees, and court costs. Injunctive relief is also an option, in which a plaintiff requests the court to forbid additional acts of misconduct.
Our Trademark Litigation Services
The team at MAVEN IP has extensive experience pursuing and defending trademark litigation in many different forums, including state and federal courts, the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and other administrative agencies. Our Florida trademark litigation lawyers deliver quality legal services through various tasks and involvement, including:
- Investigating and gathering evidence;
- Drafting and responding to cease and desist letters;
- Filing the complaint to initiate litigation OR answering a lawsuit filed against you;
- Standing as local counsel for out-of-state clients and attorneys, when litigation is pending in Florida;
- Representation at opposition and cancellation proceedings; and
- Advocating on your behalf during a state or federal trademark lawsuit.
Rely on Our Florida Trademark Litigation Attorneys for Legal Help
This summary may help you understand the basics, but it is essential to retain experienced legal counsel to assist with a trademark lawsuit. Our Florida trademark litigation lawyers at MAVEN IP are committed to obtaining the best possible result, so please call 305.967.7450 or 855.636.2836 toll-free to set up a consultation. We can advise you on your options after reviewing your circumstances.