Gabriele Fougner, Esq. | Associate
My interest in intellectual property stems from my desire to help creative people. While “creative people” meant entertainment individuals to me at first, during my time as a Political Science and Film and Television student at Boston University, I learned that creativity exists in everything. Creative individuals were all around me. As my attention turned to the business of creativity, intellectual property was introduced to me. I was fascinated by the idea of helping artists, businesses, and individuals looking to make their own path and stand out to the world.
With that in mind, I set out to learn everything I could about intellectual property. My second day at New York Law School I tracked down the intellectual property advisor and in my second week, I was accepted into the New York Law’s intellectual property program. During law school, I had the wonderful opportunity to learn how intellectual property works both at law firms and in-house. My most memorable law school experiences were working on the United States Supreme Court trademark infringement case, Lucky Brand Dungarees, Inc. v. Marcel Fashions Group and helping a mom-and-pop gelato shop get their first trademark registered!
- New York Law School’s Two-Year Honors Program – Juris Doctor, Dec. 2019 New York, NY
- Boston University – Bachelor of Arts, May 2016. Major: Political Science. Concentration: Film and Television
- Domestic and international trademark portfolio counseling and management
- Trademark clearance
- Trademark prosecution
- Preparation of office action responses
- UDRP disputes
- Trademark enforcement
- Licensing agreements
- Remove Qualifications
- Colorado State Bar, August 2020 to Present.
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado, August 2020 to Present.
- New York State Bar, November 2020 to Present.
- Regional 2016 New England Emmy 1st Place Award for “College Long Form — Fiction” for BUTV10’s Paper Trail, National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Emmy Foundation.
- National 2016 Silver Telly Award (Highest Awarded) for BUTV10’s Paper Trail, The Telly Awards.
- National 2016 College Television Award Nomination for “Best Scripted Series” for BUTV10’s Paper Trail, National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Emmy Foundation.
- National 2015 College Television 3rd Place Award for “Best Scripted Series” for BUTV10’s Paper Trail, National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Emmy Foundation.
- Winner 2012, Presidential Service Award.
- Editor Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)’s Trademark Reporter Committee – January 2022 to Present.
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA) – February 2021 to Present.
- Volunteer Attorney, Colorado Attorneys for the Arts (CAFTA) – October 2020 to Present.
- Member, Colorado Bar Association Intellectual Property Section – May 2020 to Present.
- Member, Colorado Bar Association Litigation Section – May 2020 to Present.